Built to tame the Mountains, The Kaibab 300 was designed and crafted as a universal core insulation layer using Superfine Merino wool. At 300 grams per square meter, the Kaibab 300 is a powerhouse at maintaining core temperature and is designed to be layered against the skin with the flexibility to layer independently over a base layer shirt. No other fabric breathes like Merino wool which is why Merino was the clear choice in constructing this incredible base layer. The fact that merino wool can absorb an astonishing 35% of its weight in water, without feeling wet, and rapidly discharge it into the environment makes it the most breathable material around.
- 19.5 Micron Superfine Merino Wool
- Multi Directional Stretch
- 300 GSM Insulation
- 95% Merino Wool 5% Spandex
- Excellent Moisture Management
- Wicks Moisture Away From Your Body
- Anatomical Fit Provides a Full Range of Motion
- Flat Lock Seams Prevent Chaffing When Wearing a Pack
Recommended UseMid-heavy weight Base Layer for All Season Use.
Can also be worn independently or as an insulation Layer.
Merino utilizes nature as it's wash board, and is naturally antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-static. It disinfects itself in fresh air and is naturally resistant to odors. Merino fiber has a protective film that prevents stains from being absorbed. It’s static-resistant environment also means it picks up less grime from the air. Many outdoorsman believe wool to be an itchy material, unwanted against the skin. Merino wool is a completely different fabric than traditional wools, thanks to those superfine fibers that merino sheep manufacture. It’s smooth, silky-soft, and comfortable even against the most sensitive skin.
- Naturally Antimicrobial For Ultimate Odor Control
- Naturally UV Absorbent Eliminates Unnatural Glare
- Naturally Fire Resistant
- Naturally Stain Resistant